Saturday 26 January 2013

The big garden birdwatch...


Today Tony and I counted the birds in the garden as part of the big garden birdwatch 2013.
As you would have guessed the usual suspects were not to be seen, I could imagine them hiding in the bushes, "no don't go yet the hours not up, they will still be counting, wait five minutes then they will have finished", as soon as the hour was over the garden was full.
I know I could have done it again later or tomorrow but it's done now and submitted on line so thats it until next year.

I spent the rest of the day in a rather lazy way, watching TV catching up on Law & Order UK that I had recorded during the week and reading. I am back to the Roberta Kray books again , the one I am reading is called " The Pact" It is about a 34 year old woman called Eve daughter of a recently deceased conman, her younger brother is in jail and she has made a deal with an older intimidating and powerful con called Cavelli, to protect him but she is now beginning to think she may well be forming a pact with the wrong man...
It is one of the best books I have read by Roberta Kray and unfortunately appears it may be the last for the moment as I cannot find any more that I have not read. So if any one can suggest any good authors to try I am open to suggestions! I am even getting use to reading books on my ipad ( Tony is using it to read at the moment, I hope he doesn't get too attached to it!)

Well while we were counting the birds in the garden I managed a couple of photos so I did get a picture for today so here it is...

Todays photo of the day


The Crow

If anyone else wants to join in with the big garden birdwatch just go to the following link to find out all about it.


Well until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment