Sunday 13 January 2013

A good day for photos in the garden...



The squirrels have been misbehaving, they have been digging in my down stairs neighbours plant pots again! Margaret will not be happy, it doesn't help that I have run out of nuts. Today all I had to give them was the last hand full of nuts and sunflower seeds. The amount of nuts they have buried throughout the neighbourhood should keep them fed for the next few weeks anyway!
The little squirrel that fell from the tree the other day was back in the garden today looking no worse for the fall so that is a relief.
While I was in the shed Tony called me on the radio to tell me a man from Yorkshire water had been to the door and left a fat ball making kit. I had ordered this online about 4 weeks ago, it is something Yorkshire water came up with to encourage people to use the fat instead of pouring down the sink or into the bin, this way there is less blocked drains and the birds benefit too. I think it is a good idea and people with children or grandchildren can get then involved with making the fat balls and feeding the birds.
The garden has had a lot of bird life again today the finches seem to be making a come back, the dunnocks are coming out more, the blackbirds are increasing in numbers, there were 2 robins and 2 wrens today. I also saw long tailed tits and lots of coal tits, blue tits, great tits, sparrows, starlings and collar doves.  Here are a few photos I took today...

                                                                                                 




















I have decided however that none of these are going to be picked as todays photo, so what is...

Todays photo of the day...


The Plant Pot Plunderer...


While I was in the shed I had an encounter with the cat from next door. My friendly Robin was sitting on the fence at the side of the shed singing so nicely, when the cat appeared at the far end of the fence. She began sneaking up the fence towards Robin, obviously unaware of my presence she was too busy watching the birdie. Robin had not seen the cat, who was slowly creeping closer and closer. I moved towards the window, the cat must have caught the movement in the corner of her eye, she froze for a second, looked at me in total shock, then fell off the fence... At this point Robin flew away, I fell about laughing and the cat shot off with her tail puffed up and a lot of hurt pride I would imagine.
Oh well until tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment