Saturday 5 January 2013

In the kitchen...


We have not been out today, so as promised Tony got his pie, in fact he got two.

I spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen (at least it is warm in there). I made an Apple pie, some Berry Muffins, a Spiced Fruit Loaf (which didn't turn out quite right) and a Black Pudding, Sausage-meat stuffing and chorizo pie. (This is the one Tony wanted)

I dont mind being in the kitchen Tony keeps popping in to make sure I haven't cut off any fingers or thumbs or broken anything, or had a twitch and thrown anything up the walls. So far I am doing ok no accidents or mishaps, when I feel anything like a bit shaky or I feel not right I sit down and wait a bit read a few chapters of my book until I know I am ok to carry on.

So because we haven't been out and I have not had chance to really use the camera todays photo has to be...

Apple Pie 
after Tony had a slice
(hahahaha only kidding I had one too)


I have finished my book "Nothing but trouble" by Roberta Kray it had a very cheeky twist that I did not see coming. 
I have to wait now as I have read all the books I have, I am expecting delivery of two more during next week both by Roberta Kray. Until then I will have to find something to read on my ipad.
I dont mind reading books on the ipad but it's not like holding a proper book it just doesn't have the same appeal, but it will do as a stop gap.

I watched the squirrels through the kitchen window earlier today, there were three of them in the garden. I think word had got around that the nutboxes had hazelnuts, pecans and monkey nuts in. They were back and forth for the nuts then just went wild playing chase round the garden up and down the tree it wears me out just watching them.

I will try to take some more interesting photos if I am going to put a photo a day on I really do need to start going out more, if only this weather would improve if not you might be seeing a lot more of Tony than you want!!!

1 comment:

  1. You should read the Drren Shan saga "The Vampires Assistant" although don't watch the movie its crap.

    ReplyDelete