Monday 14 January 2013

It snowed over night...


This morning I looked out of the window and the garden was white over with snow. The snow was still falling, it continued to fall until lunchtime.  By evening it had almost disappeared.

I spent some time in the shed but not long because it was so cold. There was no sign of the squirrels, they were probably curled up in a drey somewhere keeping each other warm. The blackbirds were still out five of them chasing each other squabbling over the seed. A couple of chaffinches a few sparrows and a blue tit.
I had hoped to see the thrush that had been in the garden earlier in the morning that Tony and I had seen through the kitchen window, but no sign. Or at least not until I packed my things away, put the windows back in and of course there it was! I took my camera back out and tried to catch the thrush through the window, no good. I took one window out and tried again, the thrush had run under the bush at the bottom of the garden. I managed to take a photo but it is not very good, how ever I am still going to put on as...

Todays photo of the day



I like the picture,   There was a thrush last year who hid her chick under the bush maybe it is the same bird and it remembers the hiding place!

I took some pictures of the blue tit as well which you can see on my flickr site.
Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment