Tuesday 15 January 2013

A garden full of blackbirds...


The garden has been taken over by blackbirds! They are everywhere, I counted 7 males and 3 females while I was in the shed, they seem to increase every day. They are chasing each other round the garden fighting over the food, females are fighting with each other, obviously it is the time of year to start pairing up again it just seems too early. The robins are at it as well, we have at least 2 if not more robins, singing to each other. One of them has either been ringed at some time or has something caught round it's leg but at least it is a way of identifying it!

This is the robin with something round its leg...

We have snowdrops pushing their way through in the garden, little green shoots are showing.

We had a lovely colourful male chaffinch in the garden today, all puffed up to keep warm. It seem's to have been one of the coldest days we have had so far today I didn't stay in the shed very long for that reason.
One of the squirrels did venture out today tho' he must of been hungry. I took his photo while he sat on the fence eating a nut. The expression on his face when he realised I was watching made me laugh, you could see the penny drop!


I thought hard about which photo to use for todays picture, I almost used the squirrel then I decided that 

Todays photo of the day ...


A male chaffinch

We don't get them in the garden every day, he is a colourful little bird, he brought a smile to my face when I saw him all puffed up against the cold so that was what made me choose him.


Well until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment