Friday 4 January 2013

Down in the shed...


I actually managed to go down to the shed today!
There wasn't much to see though, the light was still dull and damp so the squirrels were not about and birds were in short supply.
I filled the feeders, the trays, put out fresh water and then waited.
What happened the caretaker in the schoolyard came out with his leaf blower! So that was it for the next hour nothing came near. I made a cup of coffee, watched the garden a couple great tits flew in and out, a blue tit, then a robin but nothing stayed long enough for me to photograph.
Finally the leaf blower stopped great I thought now I can get a picture, but every time I just got ready to take the shot something banged and off the bird shot.
After about 2 1/2 hours I gave in I had 4 pictures, the squirrels had not come back I was cold I needed to sit down so I packed up and went into the flat.
Back inside I had a bath to warm up, then looked at my photos there was not much but I have got a photo of the day are you ready...


A Blue Tit

The squirrels of course came into the garden 5 minutes after I came back in doors, I am sure they sit somewhere watching me waiting for me to leave just to wind me up...

I am still enjoying my book, I haven't managed to work out the plot yet even though I am more than half way through it!
We have not been anywhere today so it has been a very quiet day, tomorrow I am doing some baking.
Tony has asked for a pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment