Wednesday 23 January 2013

A surprise in the post...


Today I was back in the kitchen making apple pies, cheddar cheese muffins, peanut butter cookies and a chorizo, cheese and apple pasty (this was for Tony).
I didn't mind being in the kitchen today it was the warmest place to be because it doesn't seem to be getting any warmer anywhere else!

While I was in the kitchen the postman called, I heard Tony having a chat with him which is nothing unusual, but then I heard the door close and Tony shouted up the stairs "what have you been ordering Soo?" Well I could not remember ordering anything, I began wondering what I had done. Had I done it and forgotten? That wouldn't surprise me. I was sure I hadn't ordered anything. I went into the bedroom where Tony had taken the parcel, it was a really large box. I was amazed what could it be surely I would remember ordering something that needed a box that big!
I was puzzled! Tony just laughed at me "well open it" he said "lets find out what it is".
So I opened it and to my amazement it was a prize, I had actually (yes Tony I have written the actually word) won something.
I had entered a competition on the Yorkshire Water Board website a couple of weeks ago and thought no more about it. I was according to the letter enclosed in the parcel one of the winners of the "watch and win"competition.
I have to say it was a very good prize as well so I have taken a photograph of it and I am going to use it as ...

Todays photo of the day



The box of Bettys goodies were 
Filter coffee
breakfast blend teabags
sloe gin soaked morello cherry fruit cake
cranberry & orange biscuits with a dark chocolate base
and a box of Bettys hand made Langues de Chat ( which are thin pieces of milk chocolate )
I like the box which has already taken up residence on my shelf in the bedroom, I can tell you the chocolate is very nice and the fruit cake is really excellent. I have yet to try the biscuits, coffee or tea but I am sure by tomorrow I will be able to tell you how at least one of them tastes...

Until tomorrow...









No comments:

Post a Comment