Monday 7 January 2013

Supermarkets are not my favourite place...


I hate supermarkets they are noisy smelly crowded and make me feel physically sick. I would be quite happy if I never had to set foot in one again as long as I live, but we have to go in and do the shopping at least once a month, and more when we forget things. Today we were only going for veg but came out with a mountain of things.

We called at the Hospice Warehouse again, it was open today. The refit was finished and it looked very bright and clean. The problem was the prices had risen to pay for it. To say it is a charity it is really expensive, take the books for instance, they use to be 3 for a £ now they are a £ each a pretty big jump.
I dont mind giving to charity but you have to draw the line somewhere...

The rest of the day I spent reading, this book "The Witches Ladder" gets spookier by the chapter! Every time I think I know who it is killing them that is the next person to get killed...

I also watched a film I recorded a few weeks ago called "The Knights of the South Bronx" which was about a school in America based on a true story where the children learnt how to play chess and won the national finals to get sponsorships to gain collage places.
 It had a similar story line to a few other films but I still enjoyed it.

Todays photo of the day was taken in the supermarket car park

Seagull standing guard.

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered the Witch's Ladder on my Kindle. £1.93, so worth giving it a go. Sounds like the kind of book that I like & am looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete