Friday 15 February 2013

Squirrels but nothing else...


The garden seemed strange today, not a bird in sight or to be heard. There was not even a pigeon!
Something just wasn't right. I had been in the shed more than an hour, what was happening ? where were all the birds? Then I spotted something, a white shape over near the wall, it moved and began to make a noise, a yowling sound, quietly at first but increasing in volume as it slunk down the garden , a cat! The cat must have been hiding all the time I had been in the shed now I knew why the birds were missing, they knew the cat was there.
Once the cat had left the garden I thought something will come now the birds will appear, I was wrong.  However one of the squirrels appeared and sat quite happily while I photographed him, until he dropped his monkey nut then he wasn't quite so happy.
As I watched him he suddenly flicked his tail and ran up the squirrel stick, what now was the cat back? Oh no another squirrel had arrived. For the next few minutes they chased each other round the tree up and down the garden and then sat and ate together.
So there might not have been any birds in the garden today but there was plenty of squirrel activity.
No doubt you will have guessed what the photo will be today.

Todays photo of the day


A Little Male Squirrel.
This is one of the smallest in the garden I think he looks very pleased to be having his picture taken.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment