Saturday 9 February 2013

An afternoon of rugby


This morning I lazed in bed as is my normal weekend routine if we are not going anywhere. I watched a few programmes I had taped during the week, then decided to get up and go down to the shed. (This was after Tony had very kindly brought me coffee and toast in bed.)

I wrapped up warmly took all the gear I needed cameras flask chocolate...

I stayed in the shed for a couple of hours then packed up to go and watch the "six nations rugby "on TV.
The first match of the afternoon was Scotland v Italy, Scotland wupped Italy good style 34-10
The second match France v Wales, the Welsh were victorious 16-6.

I hope England do better tomorrow when they play Ireland...

Christopher texted me earlier to tell me he had posted some photo's on-line from his wheelchair basketball session today. I do not have a facebook account (in my opinion it causes nothing but trouble so I refuse to have one) but for anyone that has one, who may be interested in learning about or maybe even joining in (you do not have to be disabled) with wheelchair basketball, I will give you a link to the facebook page where you can see the photo's and read more about it.

https://www.facebook.com/BarnsleyDestroyersWheelchairBasketballTeam













It all looks at bit too fast and dangerous for me, thats Chris in the middle picture, no he isn't disabled but he enjoys the game and mixing with the other players and finding out how hard or difficult life can be for the people that are but also that they can still be treated like everybody else most important that they can still have fun.


Now to todays photo well in the garden there was not a lot about. The squirrels were a no show. I am beginning to think they are being fed better somewhere else!
The visitor I did photograph however is another of my favourites and is not seen too much at the moment, I took a few pictures again I could not decide which to use so I made another collage.

Todays photo of the day


Goldfinches


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment