Monday 6 May 2013

Tony cut the grass, I photographed surviving dandelions...

Tony cut the grass this morning, I stayed indoors with painful eyes. I cannot blame the mealworms this time I have not been near any for a few days so it must be the weather, or the amount of  grass cutting that has gone in on the last few days. It is amazing a bit of sun, a bank holiday weekend and out come the lawn mowers, strimmer's and hedge cutters. Don't the people with allergies suffer for it.
The garden does look better for it I have to admit, so good in fact that when the eye drops began to take affect I decided to risk a visit to the shed.

Two hours later, I had 7 photo's, I had finished my book and I had drunk 3 cups of coffee.

I enjoyed the book, "It's the little things" By Erica James It is not my usual type of book I usually go for thrillers or crime stories but this was recommended by a friend so I gave it a try.

Erica James was in Phuket in 2004 when the Tsunami happened with her 2 sons.
They were very lucky the hotel they stayed in was not badly damaged, Erica knew she would write a book but not about the tsunami but about the after affects. How it changed peoples life after .
It was interesting and not too mushy or centring just on the tsunami.

Right back to the photo's I took today, I took some different ones today  because most of the time I was in the shed not a bird or squirrel appeared so I just took what else I could see.


A Dandelion in the pile of rubble.
 A Dandelion in the corner of the garden.
A Bud on the Sycamore tree













I did get some pictures of birds later in the day but the squirrels didn't come into the garden until I came back indoors.


Today's photo of the day


A Starling shaking his/herself dry after a bath.


I survived in the shed for almost 31/2 hours before my eyes began to be too much of a problem to stay any longer, my hands were swelling as well, it was time to go in.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment