Thursday 9 May 2013

The rain didn't stop Robin

The dustbin men where we live are not very considerate when it comes to emptying the bins! The residents all put their bins out in a neat and tidy way so as not to block the paths, but after the bins have been emptied the bin men just throw them anywhere.

Anybody with a pushchair, pram or wheelchair would have no chance of using that footpath without having to move dustbins out of the way. It is like this every thursday.

I decided I would go down to the shed today even though it was raining, it was nice walking into a clean tidy shed. 
The Robin arrived almost as soon as the live mealworms landed in his blue dish,

The rain was not going to stop him from getting his mealworms.
I had to laugh when a starling tried to get in on the act but spotted me and decided he just wasn't brave enough to stay.

I acquired a new lens today, a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM I intend to use it for street photography and portraits. (expect to see a lot of trial and error shots over the next few weeks)
I have not had any problems with the last lens I bought (Sigma 150-500mm 1:5-6:3 OS Canon fit)
so I hope this will give me as much pleasure but with different styles.
I took the new lens down to the shed with me not really expecting to use it, I did however take a couple of photos and I did forget to change the aperture setting so it is set at 7:1 


 It still worked pretty well, although I am not sure Robin would be pleased to see the picture.

Todays photo of the day


A male Sparrow helping himself to live mealworm from Robins blue dish what would Robin say?



Even the Starling came back for another look and he must of felt a lot braver this time,


he certainly gave the mealworm a glare!



Until tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment