Saturday 11 May 2013

The peanut butter was a favourite with everyone.


I don't know if anybody is really interested but I thought I would show you a close up of the shed heads that are now attached to the side of the shed!



Oh you lucky people. I like them and Tony likes them, I am not sure what Margaret thinks, or what Lynn &Peter think if they can see them. I really don't care what Abby thinks.

Well lets move on shall we?


I was sitting in the shed waiting for something to happen when I saw this,


I took a picture as you can see (duh) then I watched for a while longer and this happened


The Thrush looked up like Alice in Wonderland as if to say how am I supposed to get up there?
He/she stood looking up at the table, then around the garden even straight at me. He/she finally decided it was too much and flew off into the distance. Why I thought didn't it just fly up onto the table?

After the Thrush left the next bit of excitement came with the Starlings trying to eat the peanut butter from the small tree behind the nutbox.




It took a great deal of balance to manage and the Starling still manage to fall off, he did however fly off with a beak full so some starling chicks somewhere will be learning the art of  swallowing peanut butter this evening, lucky them!

Another Squirrel seems to have found it's way to our garden today. He is a very handsome, clean tidy male.



He was a bit shy at first but soon got into the swing of things when he found the peanut butter and the nuts.





He was very good at posing for his picture taking.






After much consideration I decided that because I do not see them very often,

Todays photo of the day


The Greenfinch

Will be the Greenfinch, a very colourful bird that seems very short in numbers so far this year.


Until tomorrow...







No comments:

Post a Comment