Saturday 10 August 2013

A busy garden


 The garden was a busy place today, the most surprising appearance was the Wrens. I had wondered why I had not seen any Wrens for a while so I was pleased to see them



 The juvenile looked bigger than the parent bird, it was all puffed up in excitement at being fed.


The adult Wren fed the chick then left to find more bugs to feed him/her with.

Another juvenile new to the garden is a Long Tailed Tit. There was a few of them mixed in with a group of birds flitting about the garden I managed to get a couple of half decent shots of them before they left.




The part of the day that amused me the most was when Miss Squirrel appeared. She came and sat on the bird table at the side of the shed,



She looked at me in the shed , she is not bothered now she is quite happy for me to take her picture. Miss Squirrel took something to eat from the table then jumped up on to the fence where she sat watching what I was doing.





Todays photo of the day




Miss Squirrel on the fence watching me in the shed.

She jumped down to the table for food then back up to the fence a few times before running down the fence and away to wherever she goes when she leaves the garden.

Until tomorrow...













No comments:

Post a Comment