Sunday 21 April 2013

A day of up's and down's


We were up and out early this morning, the sun was shining again the cats fed and the cameras ready.
Nothing particular planned just out and go, take some pictures and back in time to watch for Matchgirl on the TV. She is running the London Marathon today, we are cheering her on from the comfort of the sofa cup of tea in hand.
While on our drive I took some very shaky photo's of some deer at about 7:50am


 
 
Not the best I know but I put them on for a reason which will become clear later on!
 
I took some more pictures of Oyster Catchers, Black Headed Gulls and Curlews. There were dozens of Curlews.
Tomorrow if the weather is good we are going back with a better lens.
 
I tried again at a Buzzard but I didn't have the right lens for it I only had an Olympus with a 40-150mm lens which really was not big enough.
 



I think even the Buzzard got so embarrassed for me in the end even he /she wanted to hide!
 
 
Today's photo of the day
 
 
When Tony spotted this view of the snow on the mountain tops which we both thought looked quite stunning, I decided this had to be the one.

We were back at the Rural Retreat watching TV when I received a message from Elvira.
She had been on her way to a car boot sale this morning and had an accident.
A deer had jumped into the road in front of her before she even saw it she heard a bang.
The deer managed to reach the other side of the road, Elvira's car was damaged luckily she was physically unharmed, but as you can imagine in shock. The two cars behind her slowed down to look but did not stop. Elvira went to a farm to ask for help, no body answered the door. What is wrong with people these days?
All this took place at 7:30am around the time I was happily photographing deer in a field.
Someone did come and tend to the deer, Elvira managed to drive her car home, she is still shook up and probably will be for a while, I rang her (used your house phone Matchgirl & Bassman hope you don't mind) to let her know that if she needed to talk just to ring.
I hope Matchgirl had a better day, I am sure she did.

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment