Monday 2 January 2012

The world we live in...

The new year has not started well for a lot of people, you just have to listen to the news or read the papers. The amount of deaths already reported and we are only 2 days into the year. What makes a person want to take the life of another, or even their own life? I cannot imagine life being so bad that I could feel the need to consider doing that. I could maybe consider the feeling of wanting to take one (My ex was not a nice person) but I don't think I could ever do it! Then of course there are the accidental deaths, the young man who lost his life on Scarfell Pike for instance. What a horrible start to the new year for his family and friends.
I often wonder how people can keep a faith in God, with all these things happening, and the natural disasters, the floods, hurricanes, etc...
Then I suppose there is the other side of the picture, the miracle of new life. Babies being born, both human and animal, new growth of plant life. The beautiful sounds of nature, birdsong, the patter of rainfall, the wind whispering and the call of the sea. Children playing, the sound of their laughter, voices singing and faces glowing.
Hopefully as the year  proceeds the good will out weigh the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment