Friday 6 January 2012

Wind damage...

The wind has been blowing a gale,  where we live has not been hit as hard as some places but it has left it's mark.
Trees have blown down blocking roads causing disruption to traffic, garden sheds have been blown down or up (one ended up in a tree, does that make it a tree house now?), house roofs and chimneys were flung to the ground, wagons blown over injuring drivers, cars ending up in rivers and peoples houses flooding, one poor man on the news has been trying to stop his house flooding since new years day. The poor man was in tears.

I must say my life at the moment listening and watching all this seems pretty good!

I have not been down to the shed today but I did go in yesterday, when I managed to snap a Grey Wagtail even that got blown over by the wind.


















The only other photo I managed apart from more of the Wagtail was a Goldfinch patiently waiting for his/her turn on the feeder.





I enjoy my time in the shed even if I don't get any photos, just watching the birds, listening to a bit of country music on my Sony Walkman Mp3 that Tony bought me for Christmas, a cup of coffee from the flask and I am as happy as a pig in muck.



1 comment:

  1. Every woman needs a shed of her own - I can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete