Sunday 1 January 2012

A new year

The start of a new year was spent quietly watching TV, eating chocolate, making and receiving phone calls to pass on messages of good will for the new year.
Tony's sister in law was our first visitor of the year, she called in this morning for a cuppa, she supplied us with more chocolate and sweets (as if we needed them). I even had a drink, I enjoyed a drop of Baileys.
The squirrel visited the garden today, she spent an hour or more hiding chestnuts before she stopped to eat anything. I think she wanted to make sure nobody else got them.
The blackbirds, starlings and various other birds filled the garden through out the day eating the fruit and seeds it was the busiest it has been for a while I hope this is a sign of things for the new year.

I have not been to the garden today, the only photo I have to share with you is a picture of some of the cards Tony has bought me for birthdays.


Don't you just love them?
I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment