Friday 20 January 2012

A day for visits...

We were visited today by my son who had a day off work and had nothing better to do. He brought some DVD's for Tony to watch, that will keep him happy for a while. We had a couple of hours chatting about his new job, he seems to be enjoying it. The hours suit him better he has more time for other things. His girlfriend enjoys spending more time with him they actually have time to go out together not just pass each other as one comes in from work the other is just leaving.

My son is running the London Marathon this year so he now is beginning to seriously train for it, all I can say is rather him than me. There must be something in the air as he is the second member of my family to be running the marathon my sister-in-law is also running, well good luck to both of them I shall cheer them on from my sister - in -laws home whilst looking after her cat and enjoying the change of scenery.

We also had a visit from my younger daughter this afternoon, she always seems to have some sort of drama happening. Todays was her bag was coming apart at the seams, she would have to buy another one. I calmly picked up a needle and cotton and sewed the bag while she continued with the next drama. She had been for her eyebrows weaving, one was much thinner than the other she wailed "look what am I going to do" I put down the bag I had finished mending looked at her face and I couldn't even tell which one was supposed to be thinner than the other. I told her this so she calmed down picked up the bag and to my surprise said "thanks mum" now she never says thanks.
After I had printed a photo of her friends cat to put in a frame she had bought as a birthday gift, put her mind at rest that yes the dress she was wearing to go out in tonight looked fine, yes it went with the shoes, yes her hair was fine, yes the nail polish matched and the short black cardigan looked just so, I needed a rest.
Just a quick catnap!

I am happy to say my other daughter didn't visit today not that I wouldn't have liked to see her or the grandchildren. Any of them are always welcome.

It's always lovely to see my son, my two daughters or the grandchildren, but oh it's so nice to see them go...




2 comments:

  1. If that's not Bess she's got a double!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess that is the one and only Bess, no other cat does a catnap quite as well!

      Delete