Tuesday 6 May 2014

The garden is getting a makeover.

Tony has been very busy in the garden, he has built a wooden frame work for things to grow up and for us to put unusual items on. I have buckets in the greenhouse with things growing in them, yes you read that correctly, things growing in the greenhouse. I have some basil, a gooseberry sapling and a blueberry sapling. When they look a bit stronger they will be moved out doors. The mint has already moved outside and is taking over the bucket it is planted in. The ivy has been planted in the garden beside an old porcelain sink that Tony fasten to the wall at the bottom of the garden.
Tony's strimmer broke so we had to go and pick up another one which meant a trip to Bentham where his son lives. This was no hardship as it meant we were able to see his new granddaughter again, she is only 7 weeks old, and of course his 5 year old grandson, who calls Tony granddad beer,( work that one out for yourselves).
Tony is now building a border around part of the garden which he will then fill with pebbles, he is digging out in some places and filling in at other places to try and make it level. If anybody looked at it they would think he was professional and knew what he was doing!!!

While Tony has been doing all this what have I been doing you may ask. Well the answer to that is, mostly sleeping! I don't know why but it is all I seem to do at the moment. I even sleep more than a couple of hours on a night now but I also sleep at least 3 or 4 during the day, I think either my tablets are out of sync or I need the dose increasing. Or I could be anaemic again, that usually makes me tired.

Anyway enough about that.

Here come the pictures,

Lamb and Ewe in a field on the way home from Bentham.
















Lamb in the road on the way home from Bentham. This silly lamb was standing just around a bend in the road, there were 3 of them, luckily they all ran back through the hedge when we stopped. they might not have been so lucky if a car had come at a faster speed.











The Red Letterbox.
Well you just have to don't you, it's the first thing you think when you see it. That would look good in black and white with the box red.
I like it anyway.
















 The Greenfinches are regular callers again. Their favourite feeder is the ball on the shed, which is filled with sunflower seeds.
They often have to share it with Coal Tits and Blue Tits and are occasionally chased away when one of the squirrels want to eat from it.



















                                                                                                                                                                                     
The male Sparrows can be seen sitting around in the garden, I think they must be resting after chasing all the females round the garden. The Sparrows are making a lot of noise in the bushes, lots of twittering and tweeting, they nest in communal sites so I suppose it is like a bunch of women getting together they all talk at once.


















The Magpies are still hanging round the garden, sneaking in for the suet and nuts when they think nobody is looking. We are going to have to watch them now to make sure there is no nest raiding or chick pinching when they start hatching. I think this Magpie was watching the Starling wondering if he could do the same thing!















 The Starlings really like the peanut butter, but I was amazed to see this one hovering at the side of the post so it could get the last of it out of the hole. I put the peanut butter in the hole on the post for the Woodpeckers that come into the garden, I knew the Squirrels took it but until I saw this I didn't know the Starling did.
The squirrels have not been seen much over the last couple of weeks, they must be sulking because Tony is in the garden.


Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment