Sunday 25 May 2014

Missed Jay and captured Bullfinches





There was excitement in the garden today when a large handsome Jay landed on the fence. It only stayed a moment, but I got a picture,




of its back end and legs, as it flew from the garden.

I did manage some better pictures of Squirrel when she came out for lunch with The Red Man

















I am not sure The Red Man was very good company,





Squirrel was quite happy just eating all the nuts.

The Bullfinches visited the garden again, this is the third time I have seen them and this time I was closer so I took lots of shots to make sure I took at least one good one.


The Male Bullfinch was not bothered by the camera at all, in fact he seemed to play up to it.


The Female Bullfinch was a little more timid it took a while longer to get a decent photo of her, the difference in colouring made it harder as well.


Then I even managed to take one of them both together on the bird house, it may not be a great shot but I like it.



I have decided to call the Male Bullfinch "Arnie" because he'll be back.

The list of young birds is still growing we have a Dunnock,



and a Collar Dove.




 Squirrel stood in the garden looking round this afternoon,




she wondered what was happening I think, all these noisy babies in the garden, where was she going to get a bit of peace now?


Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment