Tuesday 13 May 2014

The strange resident

The weather just lately has been wet, wet and then wetter. According to the papers we are still going to get a heatwave this summer, it is going to be up to 75 degree's. Do excuse me if I don't believe them, at the moment the weather people are on a par with politicians.
I am fed up of people pushing leaflets through the letterbox saying vote for us and we will do this, no vote for us and we will do that and then no vote for us and we will do all that and more. They are all as bad as each other, I am tempted not to vote for any. However I have decided where my vote is going and nothing will change my mind so they can take their leaflets and stuff them.

Right rant over.

I am still waiting for an appointment for my tooth pulling out if I don't get one soon I will be handing a pair of pliers to Tony and saying go on do your worst.

I went to Roundhay Park at Leeds with Elvira a few days ago, we had a little stroll round the gardens then Elvira showed me the tree that has been planted in memory of her daughter Jean who died of Cancer a short time ago. The tree is a Willow tree it is a lovely spot over looking the lake. We went to the cafe for a cup of coffee then Elvira brought me home. I enjoyed our time out and hope to do it again soon.


I had a go at making some peanut butter so it didn't have as much salt in as shop bought. I hoped the birds would like it, well the Starlings did it went down a treat.



















Some of the other birds in the garden preferred the live mealworms, always a favourite with the Robins but this time some of the Starlings decided it was a good meal for hungry chicks.






 There are also the one's that like the raisins,



Last of all we seem to have gained a resident Magpie, the bird has lost most of it's tail feathers so is having problems flying.






























Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment