Monday 30 September 2013

The loss of a dove


Only three days ago I was telling of the Collar Doves and how well they were doing. I am afraid today I have sad news. This Collar Dove was spotted not looking very well


Then it moved to the table and tried to eat something


The Dove could not manage although it tried .

The next time I saw it which was maybe 10 - 15 minutes later it lay on the floor beneath the sparrow bush. The Collar Dove was dead. All I can say is it didn't seem to suffer it died quickly and I hope painlessly. I removed the body and threw away the food on the table cleaned it well and refilled it with food.
So September had a sad ending to it.

I stayed in the shed a while longer but my heart was not in it, I only took a couple more photos so I have nothing much to offer for photo of the day but I have something


Todays photo of the day


A shy Sparrow taking in the sun.



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment