Thursday 19 September 2013

Is it art?



When we were children we were told not to play with our food! The food put on our plates was always good wholesome food that babies in Africa would be thankful for, or so my dad and his second wife (Mortisha) told us. I remember my elder sister sitting at the dining table one day with a plate in front of her that had a handful of sprouts on it, she hated sprouts, but she had to sit there till she ate them because think of the babies in Africa they could be fed for a week on those. I wished they would just send them then I thought. My sister nearly in tears tried to eat the sprouts, but they just made her feel sick. My evil step-mother said"right if you haven't eaten them in 5 minutes you will get them for breakfast" I really believed she would do this, I waited till no body was looking snatched all but one sprout told my sister to put it on her fork I ate the sprouts in my hand when my dad came into the room the fork went into my sisters mouth she pulled a face and swallowed. My dad ruffled her hair smiled at her and said "see that wasn't so bad" It had taken over 1 1/2 hours for the sprouts to be eaten, but at least she wouldn't get them for breakfast.
Now to get back to where I was, being told not to play with our food. I am sure most children were told the same thing. Tony was probably told by his mum she was the kind of woman that would not want to waste food especially since a lot of her shopping was done during the years of rationing.

Tony however still plays with his food, according to him it is not playing it is art! 
I will leave the decision to you




Todays photo of the day 
( Provided by Tony )




He really should get out more.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment