Wednesday 18 July 2012

Where do I start?

 I suppose it should be with an apology...

I have been neglecting my blog, I know, I got a telling off from someone who shall remain nameless, she knows who she is so enough said!

I have been spending a bit of time in the garden, in fact we nearly had bird wars at one point, my friendly Robin very nearly became unfriendly.

As you know Robin has his dish on the shed window sill were he like to feast on live mealworms


A female Blackbird has started to come and eat the live mealworms, I threw some down on the ground for her and she would gather them up and fly away  with a beak full obviously still feeding young chicks somewhere close by.


Then one day when Robin wasn't around this happen'd


Oh dear I thought Robin is not going to like that!!!!!

I was quite pleased the Blackbird felt safe enough to come so close and to allow me to photograph her, but I knew if Robin came while she was there he would not be pleased.


Robin appeared on the fence, he looked in horror at the Blackbird who flew away with a beak full of worms.


Robin jumped in the window and looked at me,


Gave me his stern look,


Then stood in front  of his dish as if to say this is my dish, not a Blackbirds MY dish!


The next day I put another dish out on the floor with live mealworms in for the Blackbird



That made both of them happy.



I am not sure which dish Mr Blackbird took the mealworms from?


While all this has been going on we have had some new visitors, a Thrush and 2 young I only managed to catch one of the young on camera












The Squirrels are still rushing about like hooligans in fact yesterday evening Tony shouted me to tell me we had squirrels mating on the wall at the end of the garden, 
No I didn't get a picture!

Mrs Squirrel eating a fruit & chocolate chip cookie she is a cookie monster.
Young Mr Squirrel posing typical macho male
Young Mr Squirrel eating a monkey nut (need I say more?) 
Much nicer pictures than mating squirrels don't you agree?










No comments:

Post a Comment