Sunday 29 July 2012

Shopping lists and signs...

In the car park at the supermarket the other morning I had a little giggle to myself, just a small one mind I didn't over do it. I saw a shopping list in a trolly, I decided it had to be left by a man, see what you think, this is how it read...


Bacon Grill
Pork Pies 
Brown Sauce
Bottle of Whiskey

I was amazed that whoever it was had to write it down, Tony just looked at me and shook his head. You of all people saying that he laughed, I really don't know what he means. Now where was I????

Another thing that made me laugh this week and I did really laugh. We went to B&Q just to pick up some paint and have a look round, something caught my eye, I nudged Tony and told him to look. I usually have a camera with me so I took a quick snap...



                                                                      Only in B&Q.  

Tony is busy painting the staircase and hallway at the moment, I am busy keeping out of the way. 

I am re-reading the Twilight series of books again at the moment. I have read them all before but I am enjoying them just as much the second time round because I have forgotten so much of them, (memory loss is so useful at times). I have seen one of the films but I did not enjoy it they seem to have lost a lot of the story from the book, so if you have seen the films but not read the books read them they are so much better, or thats my opinion any how.


The garden is still very quiet, the Sparrowhawk is still flying around, diving into the garden grabbing a small bird every now and again, the other day he took a Collar Dove, just flew straight in grabbed the Dove and away. It happened so quickly if you blinked you missed it, certainly no chance of photographing it.

The Blackbirds were in a flap this morning a white cat with a few black marking was raiding the nests in the bushes in the garden in the neighbouring gardens. We are not sure if the cat took any young birds but Tony thinks it might have taken a young Blackbird. They really have had a lot of bad luck this year, the Hawk has taken quite a few, the Magpies, next doors cat and now a strange cat. 

 My Friendly  Blackbird

 My Friendly Blackbird

      My Friendly Robin


The female Blackbird and of course the Robin are still coming to the shed for feeding, when the live mealworms run out they are happy with shredded suet. They both come inside the shed now sometimes Junior Robin comes in, he is no worse for flying into the window a few days ago, Robin even comes and shelters from the rain with me if I am in the shed. His favourite perch is still the green filing cabinet in the corner, he has full view of the garden and easy access through either window, he is not daft.
We think the Sparrowhawk is helping to keep the Pigeons away, they don't come as often and when they do they don't stay as long.

We had a bus ride to Leeds a few days ago, there are some pretty strange sights in Leeds. As usual I had a camera with me and yes I took a few pictures but this is an entirely different kind of wild life...












it can be fun just watching people and snapping away with a camera sometimes you surprise yourself with the results and sometimes you dont. I often get a giggle from what I take even if I don't get a masterpiece it gets me out of the flat we have some fun, fresh air and exercise, just what the doctor ordered! 



No comments:

Post a Comment