Saturday 30 January 2021

Going nowhere fast...

 







We are still here and going nowhere fast, the weather is so cold so even if the lockdown wasn't on we still wouldn't be going anywhere!

I was notified on my NHS app that I had been close to somebody who had tested positive to Covid-19 so I had to self isolate. It is strange Tony didn't get one because we go everywhere together. It didn't make much difference we have to stay at home anyway.

So now I have finished my 3 minute moan lets move on.

I have discovered Hazel had moved all the nuts again, but had not put them in the bird house this time. I searched round the shed but I could not find them anywhere. I filled up the container and put a few monkey nuts in shells on top to see what would happen.

When I went into the shed a couple of days later the monkey nuts had gone but the rest of the nuts were still there, maybe Hazel had worked out that whenever the container emptied it was filled up again, there was infact an endless supply of nuts. So I had another hunt about, and I found the missing hazel nuts from the time before.

The first time Hazel took the nuts she carried them from the red container to the bird box with the purple top. Remember Hazel emptied that over night, how long must that have taken?


The next time it was emptied the nuts were carried 9 feet to a bag at the opposite side of the shed. Just imagine how many times Hazel must of crossed the shed to do that?


I have left the nuts in the bag I didn't have the heart to move them after all the hard work Hazel had put in.


The squirrels are being. their usual mischievous selves, one of them has found a unique place to bury his walnuts,








At least the magpie isn't watching him there and coming and digging them up as soon as he goes.
One of the squirrels was having problems with a crow yesterday, the crow was trying to take some nut so the squirrel kept chasing the crow away, even at one point jumping on the crows back. The crow left after that but I am sure it will be back another day.

We had a visit from the female great spotted woodpecker today. She was on the upright bar of the crossbar still as she could be. She does this when she thinks there is danger near by. I don't know if she had seen me in the shed, or if the sparrow hawk had flown by (he has a few times in the last couple of days) or if she was just checking before she got settled. Something must not have felt right to her she made a quick grab at the peanut butter then flew high up into the sycamore tree.






Lynsey my youngest daughter as you know has a cat named Biscuit, for some unknown reason he likes pizza boxes. When Lynsey has finished with the box she puts it on the floor and Biscuit sits in it. Biscuit will not let anyone take his pizza box and if Lynsey's other cat Pepper tries to get near it Biscuit slaps him. So that gives you an idea how much Biscuit loves his boxes. However I think this is taking it a bit too far!



Lynsey was eating her pizza with the box on her knees, when Biscuit jumped up and sat on the box as if to say "my box don't forget". Lynsey took the snap before pushing him off and telling him he had to wait until she had done .


Keep safe and well
Until the next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment