Sunday 21 January 2018

An experience I don't want to repeat!


Well I am home, I came out of hospital on Thursday. It has taken me a couple of days to feel like coming on my computer. I am still in a tiny bit of pain but nothing like I was.
I had an ultrasound scan which showed I had a very,very, sore gall bladder, (that's how the person doing the scan told me ),and it has several stones in it. You also have a small kidney stone, but that shouldn't be a problem that should pass on it's own.
I had to be given extra strong antibiotics through a drip, three bottles each 400mls every night I was in the hospital and I was given antibiotics to take at home, as the infection in my gallbladder has not quite cleared up yet.
Being in A&E was an experience I do not want to repeat! We were in the waiting room at just after 9am,we had been there  for well over two hours. Then the board came up  minimum waiting time 3hours 29mins. Luckily we didn't have to wait much longer. The next step was into the cubicles, only there wasn't one free. So they sat me on a chair, by this time the pain is getting worse. A doctor came to see me, he could see I was in pain and said the next cubicle that came vacant was mine. He started putting a cannula in my hand (it took him 5 attempts ), one of the cubicle became free while he was doing this, He said to the other staff that's for this lady! However when he looked again they had put someone else in there. I had to wait another 30mins before another cubicle was free.
 The entertainment in A&E was different, there was a man in a cubicle opposite where we were sitting. He obviously had something wrong with him mentally, as well as his injuries. Every time he stood up his trousers fell below his backside, his underwear was see through, he bent over and there it was, a full moon! We had the pleasure of this experience a few times.
Suddenly the nurse appeared at my side, we are taking you up to the ward you are being admitted. They have a bed for you, it's definitely yours they wont give it to anyone else.
The porter came to take me to the ward, when we got there, I was put on a chair! Not even a comfy chair. Someone said they would go and get a drip stand to hang the two bags attached to my cannula. They never came back! Tony tied my bags to a cupboard using a necklace! We were there for another few hours.
I was in absolute agony by this time, so much so that it actually made me cry. Tony went and said something to the staff, one of the staff nurses came to see me. She looked turned round came back with a syringe full of something told me to shoot it into my mouth and swallow it.  I later found out it was Morphine she had given me. About 5 minutes later I was on a trolley, laying down was such a relief. I think it was about 6:30pm when I got on the trolley. I stayed on the trolley until 1:30am when they took me onto a proper ward into my own room, en suite, with a very comfy bed.
I now just have to wait for an appointment to discuss whether or not my gall bladder will be taken out!

I haven't used my camera yet, so for the photo of the day I am using one of my favourites from the past.



Photo of the day

A Highland Coo.



Whenever we go to Scotland I always look out for these beautiful Coo's. As you can see this photo was taken in 2010, I have not managed to find a Coo picture that I have taken that I like as much as this one.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're up and about again soon and that you've chastised Lynsey for the Facebook photo of you. What a bad girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iam getting better by the day thank you.
      Lynsey has been hauled over the coals for the terrible photo, I knew she had taken one but I didn'know it was that bad.

      Delete