Sunday 3 January 2016

The rain keeps falling...

The rain is still falling, it is cold and miserable in the garden.
The squirrels however continue to come for the nuts and seeds. The collar doves, starlings and magpies have also visited. There has even been several blackbirds, they are beginning to get territorial over the garden. Small squabbles are breaking out amongst the birds, the males are trying to round up the females and remove the other males from the garden.
The robin is strutting along the fence, sticking out his red breast, obviously posing.
The snowdrops are sprouting and some daffodils too, Margarets garden is coming to life very early.

I have not been down to the shed, it is too damp and cold for me, I will make myself go tomorrow, the nut boxes must be almost empty, squirrels were seen looking through the shed window today. That is a sure sign food is running low.  I wouldn't mind but they don't really let me take pictures like they use to. The squirrels have become crafty, they watch me put out the food, they come and take a couple of nuts then stay away. However as soon as I go back inside the flat, three of them will appear in the garden. They will swing off the feeders, do somersaults on the shed roof and look at me through the window as if they are laughing at me. Yes I know I'm loosing the plot again.!


I just thought I would give an update on "Biscuit ", Lynsey's newest cat. After a bit of research we think he may be a "Maine Coon Cat" or at least a hybrid. These cats can grow quite big, Biscuit is already bigger than Pepper. Just to give you an idea of how big they can grow take a look at this.

This is a collie type sheepdog with 2 Maine Coon Cats





All I can say is good luck Lynsey.



Until the next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment