Saturday 2 August 2014

Squirrel mischief




The squirrel appeared on the fence sniffing the air for food. 


Then he saw me,



He stopped and lay down




He looked so innocent laying there, like butter wouldn't melt...




I turned my back for a moment, when I looked again he was gone.
I looked around the garden he was nowhere to be seen. He wasn't up the tree on the squirrel seat, he wasn't at the nutboxes. Where on earth could he be?
Then I heard a noise coming from over the fence!
I crept up to the fence and looked over the top, there he was, not so innocent are you now master squirrel!



There he was in one of Margaret's planters again.



Digging away fast as he could, burying a peanut.



He shot out of the planter and ran when he saw me watching him.


Underneath the gate back into our garden


Where he stood trying to look all innocent again.

You don't fool me young squirrel, I know your games. Margaret will be very cross when she see's that you have been again!





I am still looking through some of the photo's I took in Scotland, I came across these two. The photo's are really quite bad but I like the content.

The morning we set off home, we saw this young fox running down the road in front of us. Really it was more like skipping, it skipped from one side of the road to the other, jumping high into the air. The fox knew we were there but just did not care. The light was bad, the fox was moving very quickly so I could not get a decent shot but I like these any way.










Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment