Saturday 9 August 2014

A visit from a young Sparrow Hawk.


Today we went to York car boot sale, the first time for a while due to the weather.
I bought a skirt, a book, a necklace with matching earrings and a 99 ice cream cone.
By the time we got home my back was aching, my purse was empty and I was badly in need of a cup of tea.
I settled down with a book and a pot of tea, (spices and mint) hoping that my back would stop hurting soon. I had just got nicely settled when Tony came into the room, speaking very quietly. " do you want to come and photograph the sparrow hawk with its latest kill? ) I jumped up collected my camera from the bedroom went into the kitchen. Outside in the garden sat a young sparrow hawk, I think it was a female. She sat eating her kill looking round to make sure nothing was creeping up to take it off her. She seemed very nervous and unsure of what to do. Tony said he could hear a sound that could have been a parent bird close by watching to make sure the young bird had killed and eaten with no problems.












I don't know what the sparrow hawk had killed, it didn't leave enough for us to find out either.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment