Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Woodpecker moves in...

A lot of my time lately has been taken up by, doctors, hospitals and dentists. If it has not been going to appointments it has been worrying about going to appointments. However I now have a reprieve I have no more appointments until September, so hopefully my time can be filled with better things.
The weather has been wonderful over the last couple of weeks, lets hope it can last a while longer.

Emma my elder daughter asked if I could help out with a spot of child minding as it's the school holidays. Tony and I don't mind as her son and daughter are very well behaved and and they are no problem at all.

I am waiting for news of the birth of my second grandson, he is due anytime now. That will mean I have two grandsons and two granddaughters. Emma has a son and a daughter, Chris will also have a son and a daughter. Lynsey does not have any and does not plan to have any in the foreseeable future.

Chris and his girlfriend have already decided on a name for the baby, but I am not saying just yet incase they change their minds.

Now to a garden update,


The juvenile Great Spotted Woodpecker is becoming a regular visitor and is becoming use to me and my camera,



He enjoys the peanut butter on the post in the garden.


He knows how to hide when the Sparrowhawk is about.



He also knows how to play a good game of hide from the camera, but he hasn't quite mastered the art of hiding from two.


He certainly is not bothered who he dines with.



Tony and I had a drive over to Morecambe to visit his son Carl and family last Sunday. It was a lovely day out, Tony took one of his scenic routes and I took photographs.

One of the pictures I took showed just how archaic some people can be,


A row of Mole bodies hanging on a wire fence.








 To leave you with a better picture in your mind,

Meet Tia,
The latest addition to Emma's household.



Until the next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment