Friday 4 July 2014

Hospital, strimmer and squirrels

We had a couple of weeks away, the weather was kind to us most of the time, I have hundreds of photographs to sort through and of course as soon as I can I will share some. I have some to show you but they will come later, first of all lets get back to normality or as close to it as I ever get!

The morning after we arrived home I had a hospital appointment, my Mum came with me, (sometimes you need your Mum no matter how old you are). I will find out the results from that visit in a couple of weeks.
Christopher has been texting to remind me that there is only about 4 weeks before the baby is due to be born, (oh do I feel old,) that will be my fourth grandchild. Chris and Joanne are having a boy so that means Chris(my son) and Emma (my daughter) will both have a boy and a girl, so thats enough now, you can stop there, Please. Lynsey still says she isn't having any so thats ok,( I don't mind if she changes her mind but not for a long time ).

Lynsey is having problems with "Pepper" her cat again at the moment. He had to go to the vets, he was vomiting and sounded like he was choking. He would not eat or drink.
The vet gave him an anaesthetic and had a look, he found a twig along with a bit of dirt stuck in the cats throat. He is now treating the cat with antibiotics for a chest infection and laryngitis. I think "Pepper" has been raiding birds nests again and got a bit stuck so maybe it is poetic justice, but I am glad he is ok.

Tony has been busy since we came home, the garden was slightly over grown, so he has cut the grass, after much chunttering and mending of the strimmer again. The garden is looking quite posh these days.

I am very pleased to say that the day after we came home, we discovered that we had new squirrels in the garden 4 young ones. They chase round the garden like idiots, it is similar to watching a Benny Hill sketch.  They are very wary of the cats, a big bright ginger one in particular. This cat almost caught one of the squirrels yesterday morning, it appeared over the fence like a streak of lightening right where one of the squirrels was sitting. The cat missed that one, jumped down on to the floor where another squirrel was and we thought the cat must have caught it because we never saw the squirrel run away. I was horrified, all that day I kept looking out hoping to see 4 squirrels so I knew they were all alright.
This morning we finally saw all 4 squirrels in the garden together, knowing all the young squirrels were safe made me feel a whole lot better.

Now photos, I have sorted a few out and I am going to share with you a few of the highlights...

This small Deer was just calmly crossing the road one morning as we drove along.



























The Deer did not seem bothered by us and just took it's time strolling across the road.


The same morning not far away Tony spotted a Hare in a field. Up came the camera again.






The Hare sat for a while eating before jumping up and running away across the field.




 The morning out was beginning to be a very good one, I hoped it was a sign of a good day to come.

We had a lot of good days we always do when we go to look after "The Pride" for my brother and sister in law.

I will try and have some more pictures ready soon.

Until the next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment