Tuesday 22 October 2013

Where have all the squirrels gone?


I had noticed the squirrel population in the garden had slowly been dwindling. At one time we had 5 visiting, then it went down to 3 squirrels, then to 2 squirrels, they were Brown Face and Miss Squirrel.
Miss Squirrel had not brought her babies into the garden which was unusual.
Then Brown Face stopped coming. By this time I began to get worried. However Miss Squirrel continued to call, then today we realised it had been over a week since Miss Squirrel had been in the garden. We knew something was wrong. I had put out some hazel nuts a few days ago they were untouched. I am sad the garden is just not the same without the squirrels calling. Miss Squirrel had started to trust me she would sit on the fence getting closer every day, she would wait for me to pass out a hazel nut and she would come and take it not out of my hand but I think a few more weeks and she would have done. Now I will never know!

I hope it is not the person who fires the air rifle that has shot the squirrels, for all the squirrels to go within a space of weeks something is definitely amiss.


Today's photo of the day


There is something missing from this picture!


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment