Thursday 24 October 2013

I can hear again


I had an appointment at the audio clinic today, I had to go for a new hearing aid. My other one had an accident. Tony and I had gone to Morrisons, I had taken the hearing aid out put it on my knee and it fell off. I thought it had fallen on the floor in the car so I said I would find it when we got home. It was not anywhere to be found. We went back to Morrisons on the off chance that it might be where we parked. It was under the car that was parked next to where we had parked earlier. Unfortunately the hearing aid had been run over and was crushed.
I rang the clinic who told me I had to get referred by my doctor be fore I could get another. Dr Daru got me an appointment for the following week. Then after that appointment I had to wait 4 weeks before I got the hearing aid because the woman I saw said I would have to see Wayne the person I saw last time to fit it. However when we went today Wayne was out on home visits so I didn't see him anyway. At least I got my hearing aid which means I can hear properly now and my Tinitus is calming down.



Today's photo of the day



My new hearing aid
It is amazing how something so small can make such a difference to someones daily life.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment