Thursday 7 March 2013

Squirrels, Robins & Wrens.


I had one of those days today where photos came in abundance. I just could not believe how many I took today. Now I had the problem of which one to choose.
I had gone into the shed not really expecting to get any shots, it was a really grotty day. The misty air never seemed to clear properly, it was damp and dismal. I expected to be there an hour and then give up and go back indoors. I was however in the shed about 3 hours.
I first saw the Wren at the bottom of the garden but I could not get a clear shot, I had to wait for half an hour before the Wren flew onto the fence at the side of the shed. From there I managed some shots and I have to say I am very happy with the results.

Then of course the squirrels always make good pictures, today was no exception. I had taken a couple of plums to the shed with me which were not very nice when I tried them, so I threw them into the garden. I thought the Blackbirds would eat them. However I looked up into the sycamore tree and a small Squirrel had been into the garden without me spotting him and he was sitting up the tree enjoying a plum. He was really getting stuck into the plum so much so that when he realised I was watching him he ran off still with the plum in his mouth to finish it without being watched.
 A little while later he was back, this time for the nuts in the nutbox. He took a nut ran up the fence and sat down. He proceeded to eat the nut, when he realised I was watching him again his jaw dropped enough for me to see the nut in his mouth. Again he didn't stop long he jumped off the wall away into the next garden and away to where ever they go.
I came back indoors then I was getting cold and I knew I had some photos. When I looked out of the window, the Squirrel was already back in the garden burying nuts, the Starlings bathing in the dustbin lid and the Blue Tits flying in and out of the nest box. I put some cotton stuffing and some of Tonys hair out in the garden the birds are taking it so at least the nests will be cosy. Tony is due another haircut soon so more birds will benefit, I wonder if I ask if the hairdresser would let me bring my hair home next time I have it cut, it needs cutting, maybe I will do that, sorry I wandered in my mind then and thats somewhere you really don't want to go!




Todays photo of the day



Wren
I just cannot resist a Wren.
Squirrel did come a close second, if you want to see him you will have to go to my flickr site.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment