Saturday 23 March 2013

Blackbirds and Squirrels


The snow continued to fall over night so this morning the garden was like a white blanket.
The birds were scarce except for the Blackbirds. The female Blackbirds were running round posing for the males chirping and trying to show that one was better than the other. There was one female that stood out above the others,




She ran the other birds out of the garden and posed and chirped and waved her rear until a male couldn't take it any longer, away they went the male chasing the female into the bushes.

The Squirrel came into the garden I thought he would have been keeping warm somewhere but I guess hunger got the better of him. He had a few nuts from the nutbox, ate a plum then he spotted the new seed stick I had put out yesterday. A sunflower and honey stick that the Tits and Finches like, he made a bee-line for it. Up the leg of the cross bar he pulled it across and pulled and tugged at it and then he ran to the fence. I saw him sitting on the fence his back towards the window so I could not see properly what he had got. Then he turned slightly, this is what I saw...


He had an enormous piece of the seed stick in his paws! The greedy little b#gg*r I thought!

The picture I have chosen to use for the main picture is of a Blackbird it just appealed to me the most.

Todays photo of the day


A Female Blackbird in the snow.

I really hope this weather improves soon, I hate the cold it just makes me feel useless and ill!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment