Monday 11 June 2012

Friendly Robins & Swollen eye's

It's been a strange few days,
My friendly Robin is now a daily visitor and thinks nothing to flying inside the shed to see what I am doing. I have been feeding him mealworms for the last few days, so when I come into the shed he stands at the side of the dish waiting for me to put some into the dish for him. At least I get some good photo's of him. He often eats some then disappears only to return after having had a bath then takes some mealworms I assume to feed his family somewhere close by!

This morning we had three squirrels in the garden, the small brown faced male, Mrs Squirrel and I think a baby. Mrs Squirrel seemed to be keeping a close eye on the baby and when she thought it was out of order the baby got a quick clip round the ear and a stream of chattering. How like humans I thought, mum's in the street today are just the same a quick clip round the ear and a load of verbal, no wonder kids are so pleasant today.

The pigeons are still trying to take over the garden, there seems to be more every day, I am going to have to find some sort of feeding tray for the floor that the small birds can get in but the pigeons cannot, it is just costing too much to feed them.

Well my eye's are at it again a couple of days ago my left eyeball decided to swell up, today both of them are swollen, I have some drops left so I am using them but in the morning I will be back at the doctors.
Just so you can see what happens have a look at these...


The white of my eye turns to jelly.

 My eyeballs swell, then the skin around my eyes swells and turns red. The pain is terrible and the urge to rub is so intense it is unbearable.

Here is something more pleasant to look at...











My friendly Robin after a bath.






                                                                                             










My friendly Robin after a bath.


Lynsey has asked me to remind people she is still looking for sponsors for race for life her sponsor page can be found at
http:/www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lturner2012






2 comments:

  1. Poor you! Looks and sounds very painful...good thing you have the Robin and Squirrel families to distract you (and, of course, Tony to look after you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary stuff. I hope the swelling goes down soon.

    ReplyDelete