Friday 11 November 2011

Some old and new sightings

This morning Tony (my partner) and I decided it was time to rake up the leaves in the garden. We spent an hour or so doing just that when I spotted an unusual bird in the hedge, a female Goldcrest. I have never seen one in the garden before of course I didn't have a camera with me so no photo.
After raking up the leaves Tony and I went back up to the flat for a cuppa where I stood looking out of the kitchen window. I couldn't believe it there on the shed roof was a Grey Wagtail it looked like a juvenile. We have not seen a wagtail in the garden for months, again no camera to hand so no photo.
I decided to go into the shed for a while as there seemed to be something in the air, I had only been there about ten minuets when a Great Spotted Woodpecker flew onto the fat-balls, at least I got some photo's of that even if they were not very good!



No comments:

Post a Comment