Tuesday 8 November 2011

How to begin...

At the start of the long and dusty road I suppose. I am going to take you on a walk with me along a road of words and photographs. Most of it though will not be along a road it will in fact be in a garden shed. That is where I do a lot of my thinking and photography. A lot of people do not realise how much wildlife use their gardens. My partner and I moved here just over three years ago as well as the usual garden birds we have discovered that we are visited by hedgehogs, foxes, bats, shrews, owls and a variety of birds we never expected to see including a pheasant. All in the back garden of a council house on an urban estate.
As well as photography in the garden I like to photograph wildlife in parks or nature reserves, we visit Donna nook and similar places as often as we can, but sometimes my disability or money can be a bit of a hold back on that front.
I always say you can always find something to photograph a building, a tree, a flower I very rarely leave home without a camera. Photography can be enjoyed by any age group, I hope by sharing photo's with my family that maybe one or more of my grandchildren will take an interest and enjoy the pastime too, my youngest daughter is beginning to enjoy photography now she is older and is traveling a bit more. I hope by sharing this blog that maybe it will encourage others to take up the hobby too you never know there might just be a budding photographer that could be another David Bailey or Eve arnold out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment