Monday 21 November 2011

Dull and foggy days

The last few days have been cold damp and foggy, not really the sort of weather for sitting in a garden shed photographing birds or squirrels.
So I did what any right minded person would do I stayed inside with a book, my sleeping bag and a hot water bottle.  I did go down to fill the feeders and the nut box so they didn't go without food. I realised that we had run short of some things when Mrs Squirrel looked in the box this morning, slammed down the lid, looked up to the window and glared at me with a look that could have turned me to stone.
Tony and I went out to pick up some supplies. We came back with, nuts suet balls, shredded suet, suet blocks, mixed seeds, mealworms and oops I forgot the sunflower seeds. I will have to pick those up when we go to the doctors tomorrow.
So I replenished all the feeding trays and settled into the shed. I waited, and waited. What happened? Nothing! for 30 minutes what gratitude.
Then I saw movement at the bottom of the garden, a Wren, no 2 wrens, no 3 wrens. They move so fast, I couldn't get them all in the same place at one time. They were so far away, I fired a few shots off just hoping for the best.

I had a look when I came back inside only 2 were worth keeping and I had to crop them really close to get them anything like decent. So here are the 2 photos of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment