Sunday 17 April 2022

It was a very sad day yesterday...

We have lived here for over 14 years, in all that time I have fed and photographed the squirrels in our garden. I know squirrels have disappeared and they have gone and died somewhere, I expect this to happen. Then we have new squirrels, young squirrels that appear in the garden running around like lunatics. This is the circle of life I know. However, when Dave who lives next door asks me to go round to his garden to help, he has a poorly looking squirrel in his garden, my heart missed a beat. By the time I got round there, the squirrel had died. I was devastated, I wanted to cry but I stopped myself from doing it. I looked the squirrel over, it was a young female, there were no outward signs of injury, so she had not been attacked by anything. There was no sign of being hit by a car, there was no sign of any trauma at all. I hate to say it but I believe that this pretty little girl may have been poisoned.

A lot of people object to the squirrels digging in their plant pots, burying peanuts in them, burying nuts in the flower beds then digging them up again. Some of my neighbours have told me they don't mind because they like to watch them, it makes their days a bit brighter. However, you then get the ones who say, they are pests and are vermin and should be dealt with like rats.


The Squirrels are very quiet.





Well enough I will change the subject.

I have a new rollator, it is better than my last one, it is stronger, sturdier and it has places to attach footplates so it can be used as a wheelchair as well. I am not sure who will be pushing who.

Until the next time...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that. Is it worth taking the body to the RSPCA for them to examine
    r?

    ReplyDelete