Sunday 3 April 2022

It's been quiet in the garden...

The garden has been fairly quiet, except for the twittering of sparrows shooting around the garden playing chase. It gets to that time of year when the birds are pairing up and picking places to nest build. They all act like lovestruck teenagers and all sense goes out of the window.
Sometimes to the advantage of other birds that are about. The Sparrow Hawk has been spotted flying over the garden, sitting high up in the sycamore tree, then yesterday while I was in the shed I. did my usual walk around the garden before I come back up to the flat. That's when I spotted the hawk, it was in Gooseberry's garden, I took a quick look around, no sign of life, I had to do it. I stood in full view of the Sparrow Hawk I had no choice if I wanted to get a decent photo.
I clicked away to make sure I got a decent picture, the hawk lifted his head looked straight at me, and then away back to his lunch. I don't know what he had caught but it didn't take long for him to devour it and then fly away over the school and in the direction of the park.









 

I know I shouldn't take photos on other people's property and normally I wouldn't but this was too good to miss.


Until the next time...

2 comments: