Friday 3 April 2015

Rocking chairs, thinking and reading.

Tony and I rearranged some furniture a couple of days ago. Some items were taken to the shed from the flat and visa-versa. I have my rocking chair back in the bedroom now, that will be where most of my reading will take place now.
After we had finished moving things about I decided to stay in the shed for a while, just an hour or so to see if anything appeared to photograph. I haven't  been to the shed much recently we have been trying to find a cupboard for the landing but hopefully now we have found the right one.

I spent a few hours over the last few days looking at some poems I wrote a few years ago when I was in a very bad place. A few people told me I should do something with them and write more.

I copied most of them on to the computer, along with a few more with meaning and a couple that are complete nonsense. I thought if I put them all together and made a book, to see what it would look like, maybe build up my confidence to believe  it would be possible to publish a book. I would show it to a few close friends and family to see what they thought, any criticism would be taken or ideas even compliments, which I don't usually expect.
I even thought about finding some pictures to put in to go with some of the pieces, not all because I think that would be too much.
If the people I showed it too thought it was any good the next step would be finding out how to get it published.

Anyhow enough of this waffling back to the garden and shed.
 The Blackbirds are picking up leaves, grass and similar materials, the big Crow is pulling twigs off the surrounding trees to take back to the nesting site. The Robin is is singing his heart out. So is the Dunnock, the wing waving has started in earnest now. The sound of Sparrows can be heard from the bushes as they chase through them chattering as they go. The Starlings are singing and dancing trying to attract a mate, the Wood Pigeons are soaring in the air doing ariel displays, landing on the fence beside a female bird bowing to her and fanning out his tail feathers for display. Woodpeckers are drumming in the distance, but they move nearer as the day shortens.
The problem is sometimes I am so busy watching and listening I forget to take a photo.

Here's one I managed.

A Dunnock with a very small wing wave.

 




The tree's are in bud, the flowers are blossoming. Margaret's garden is a rainbow of colours. Ours has a few yellow primroses, some snowdrops and a very few daffodils, they won't last for long because it is almost time for the strimmer to make an appearance! I know this as York Racecourse Car-boot Sale begins tomorrow, the strimmer usually appears soon after.

I am still enjoying reading 'Jeffery Deaver' (probably more in my rocking chair). I am reading
"The Twelfth Card" at the moment the sixth in the series of of "The Lincoln Rhyme" novels. I enjoy them because they keep me guessing most of the way through.



Until the next time...











No comments:

Post a Comment