Wednesday 8 April 2015

Birds, squirrels and a sycamore tree.

The Blue Tits are still busy at the nest box.



The Blue Tit flew away,



To return moments later,



And then leave again.




After the Blue Tit had left I glanced at the nest box, this is what I saw,




I was surprised to see one of the squirrels in the sycamore tree, it must have been the female that is pregnant, she looked like she was collecting materials for her drey.





She looked very surprised when she saw me, 





I moved my camera into the greenhouse and continued to watch the sycamore tree as that seemed to be where everything was happening. I had not been in there long before I spotted the female squirrel again. This time she was picking buds off the tree and eating them.
I decided to try for a picture even though she was very high up in the tree.


The female squirrel reaching for a bud at the end of a twig, high up in the sycamore tree.




She managed to reach and eat quite a few buds.



The pictures came out almost in silhouette so I just turned them black and white I am happy with them.



When the squirrel had enough to eat from the tree she leaped down to the wall.





The nut boxes had been filled so she took a nut and sat on the fence eating one. She turned to look at me and I am sure she stuck her tongue out at me.



I don't know what happened after that maybe a wasp or something had stung her,

She screwed up her face, shook herself,


then flattened her ears and chattered.


















When Tony and I looked at the photo we both laughed out loud we have never seen a squirrel flatten their ears she just looks so funny.



There has been a few fights among the blackbirds, some of them are wearing battle scars.


Blackbird injured in a fight but he was the winner this time.



The last photo for today is of one of my favourite visitors.

The Wren



I think this is a beautiful bird, I love to hear them in the garden singing, they move so fast it always makes me happy when I manage to take a picture of one.




Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment