Saturday 22 March 2014

The Greenhouse.

Day 1
Consisted of Tony digging a trench to lay some lengths of wood to level the ground for the base. After much measuring, use of a spirit level and a bit of chunttering, the ground was level and ready.

Day 2
The greenhouse base was laid and screwed down. A membrane in place to make sure nothing could grow underneath, all gaps filled in the hope that no small critters would make their home there either.

Day 3

The Greenhouse is finished except for the floor being fastened down. We worked from 8am until 4pm but it was worth it. Tony has sore hands especially his thumbs. I feel very guilty about this, the fact that I seem to have spent a lot of the day standing about doing nothing while Tony did most of the work. I really appreciate it and I hope he knows, I would have done more if I could but apart from fetching and a bit of carrying I cannot do much more.

Day 4
Tony gets a day off.
After a few last minutes touches, blocking off the back apex which over looked the neighbouring garden, Tony had the rest of the day off and I got to try out the greenhouse.


The squirrel wasn't sure about it, he kept popping up all over as if he was checking to see if I was still there.









The robin had a look around he had watched most of the work and had shown a lot of interest, now he couldn't care less.




All in all I have to say I like the Greenhouse very much. Tony will be able to spend more time in the shed now, I will be in our Summer House!



Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment