Friday 28 March 2014

Concentrate on the good things


The squirrels are still waiting for the hazelnuts when I go down into the garden, one of them even sits at the end of the fence waiting. As soon as he see's me coming he dashes up the fence, jumps down to the piece of wood that connects the fence to the shed, runs up and is waiting at the window for me.





I put out some nuts and he comes and sniffs, chooses one,


Picks it up and away he goes.
Back along the wood, jumps up onto the fence and back to the tree or over the fence to wherever he buries them.

Sitting in the Greenhouse I am able to see the ball feeder on the shed. This feeder is popular with the greenfinches.


One of the robins has a favourite place to sit, it is on the nutbox, he sits there then he will suddenly dive on to the small tree behind it grab a beak full of peanut butter and fly away. He takes it to feed the other robin in the garden, it looks like there will be more baby robins this year!


I am able to get some close up shots of the birds when they come to eat from the trays, they don't seem bothered by me at all.


The female blackbird just gave me a quick glance then carried on regardless.




The robin was singing in the tree at the side of the wall at the bottom of the garden, I could hear the other robin singing back to him from the neighbouring garden. It was like listening to a duet. The birds all seem to harmonise with each other the dunnocks, blackbirds and wrens joining in with the robins it was like my own classical concert in the garden.











I have been a bit fed up with myself just lately but I have given myself a talking to and I am going to concentrate on the good things.



Until the next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment