Saturday 29 June 2013

The baited fence works every time


I baited the fence with peanut butter and just sat back and waited. I knew one or more of the squirrels would not be able to resist. I didn't have to wait long, I glanced up and there was a squirrel sniffing away along the fence. The squirrel reached the peanut butter took a lick and his/her eyes closed in pleasure. I could see a flick of the tongue and a mouthful of peanut butter went into his/her mouth. When the squirrels eyes opened it was looking straight at me, the squirrel turned and ran a few steps down the fence, then stopped. I could see the squirrels mouth chewing on it's tongue, sucking it's teeth, I could imagine it deciding what to do! Was the peanut butter worth staying for or was I too scary? The peanut butter won. The squirrel turned round looked me in the eye and came back to eat more peanut butter.


Todays photo of the day

Peanut butter works like a dream.


I took a few pictures then left the squirrel to enjoy his/her treat without having to keep one eye on me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment