Monday 10 June 2013

Robin and Blue Tits


The garden has been very quiet again just lately, the birds are busy feeding chicks in nests, the fledglings are hiding from the cats and sparrowhawk. The squirrels are not visiting very often.
I did however manage to coax Robin to the shed window ledge for some live mealworms.
He posed for me on the fence after taking a couple of worms from his blue dish, so I took advantage of this and here is...


Today's photo of the day


Robin with live mealworms.

Soon after the Blue Tits returned to the garden, the coconut half was empty so they had to make do with the other coconut which had shredded suet in it instead. They seemed happy with this and took it in turns to take beaks full of suet. I am guessing they are still feeding in the nest so hopefully we should be seeing some new Blue Tits soon. I took some photo's of the Blue Tits on the coconut, one of them has a sore patch on it's head.






I don't know what he/she did to his/her head but it looks sore!


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment