Wednesday 10 January 2024

Someone hacked my bank on Monday...

 I spent all day on the phone with the bank. Someone has used my account to pay for goods, and it was not me. Apparently, they have used a phone to pay contactless. I don't know how they did it, but the bank knows it wasn't me, and they have reported it as fraud. I will get my money back, but it could take a while. I wouldn't mind if I had lots to spare; I am guessing the people who took it have a lot more than I have. It was all the messing about ringing Action fraud, phone calls from the bank, texts from the bank, and going into the bank with a photo ID; I don't leave the house or talk to people most of the time. I think I spoke to more people in one day than in the last 6 months. Now my card has been stopped, I have to wait for a new one so I can't buy anything or use it anywhere; I am going to be wary about using it online now anyway. 2024 is beginning to be a pain in the proverbial.

Until the next time

No comments:

Post a Comment